Giridhar Eye Institute website, respects your privacy, and seeks to comply with applicable legal requirements in respect of data collection, processing and transfer.
Personal information is that information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal data does not include data that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that we cannot identify you through it, even in conjugation conjunction with other information.
“Sensitive Personal Data or Information” means Personal Information of any individual relating to password; financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; physical, physiological, and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records and history; biometric information; any detail relating to the above as provided to or received by https://www.giridhareye.com for processing or storage. However, any data/ information relating to an individual that is freely available or accessible in the public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law shall not qualify as Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
Data we collect
https://www.giridhareye.com, like many other websites, uses “Cookies”. Cookies are small data files that a website stores on your web browser. These are used to store your preferences, previous activities browse activities, profiling and tracking behavior on this Website. By visiting the Website, you acknowledge, accept, and expressly authorize the placement of cookies on your web browser. We recommend that you clear the cookies stored on your browser from time to time.
When you sign up or register on the Website to use our Services, and during the course of actual usage of our Services, the types of information that will be collected by us include the following:
- Contact information: Name, Address, Contact details, Email ID, Phone Number;
- Demographic information: Gender, Age, Date of Birth; Marital Status, Nationality
- Data regarding your usage of the services such as search history and history of the appointments made by you through the use of Services;
- Any other detail relating to the above as voluntarily provided to Website by you, for providing value-added service;
- Medical records and history which you voluntarily provide or is generated on the usage of any of the services availed by you from Giridhar Eye institute;
- Physical, physiological, and mental health condition which you voluntarily provide or is generated on the usage of our services through the website;
- Data regarding your medical qualifications, registrations, and certifications;
- Any additional information that you voluntarily choose to provide to the Website through any mode of communication or during any interaction.
We use your Personal Information for purposes that include the following:
General (end users and doctors):
- Your registration for the purpose of receiving our Services, identification, communication, notification and for fulfilment of the Terms and Conditions [Insert link of terms and conditions];
- Analysis, research, training and disclosure (where required) to its affiliates, agents and government authorities.
- Offering you personalized Services and targeted advertisements of various healthcare and wellness plans and offering you customised health insights;
- Improvement of our products and services;
- Research and analysis for the development of commercial solutions;
- Addressing your requests, queries and complaints, in any, pertaining to our Services; other customer care related activities;
- Investigating, enforcing, and resolving disputes;
- For the purpose of contacting you to provide you with information on new Services and offers, taking feedback, assisting you with completion of transactions or other issues relating to the use of Services;
- To send notices, communications, alerts, new offers relevant to use of the Services offered by https://www.giridhareye.com on Website/app;
- Carrying out our obligations in relation to any agreement with our business partners or contractors;
- Technical administration and customization of Website, and other general administrative and business purposes;
- To send you information about special promotions or offers (either offered by https://www.giridhareye.com or by its business partners), new features or products both of the Giridhar Eye Institute as well as third-party offers or products with whom https://www.giridhareye.com has a tie-up;
For end users only:
- Creation and maintenance of health records in electronic form in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) database;
- For sharing with your chosen HSP in Giridhar Eye Institute like doctors, hospitals, diagnostic centres, chemists who may provide you services under the https://www.giridhareye.com Platform.
- Processing any orders you may place using our Services;
For doctors only:
- For verifying your professional credentials and any representations you have made to us;
- For processing any payments made to you;
- For providing recommendations to end users based on your expertise and specialisations;
- For providing any other service to you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose and in some cases transfer your personal information to such entities as required to provide services to you and to provide value-added services or other third-party products and services, to the extent permitted by applicable law. These entities may be located outside India, which you hereby consent to. We require such entities to protect your information through equivalent security measures as what we would adopt. An indicative list of entities we may disclose or transfer information to are provided below:
- Service Providers: We share personal information with companies that provide Services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data storage, software services, email services, marketing, fulfilling customer orders, providing payment services, data analytics, data mining, providing customer services, and conducting surveys. These companies may be located within or outside India, but in any case, are obligated to protect your data.
We may also share information with employees, data processors, consultants, business partners, and technology partners on a need-to-know basis. Such entities would be contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality concerning your data.
- If you are an end-user, your personal information will also be shared with your chosen HSPs.
Other Third Parties:
- We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We store your personal information in accordance with applicable laws, which means we keep your data for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services or as may be required under any law. We shall store your personal information for lawful purposes only. We keep de-identified data for research and statistical purposes for a longer period.
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your data, and we may delete any or all of your data without liability. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or if required by law, or for other legitimate purposes. We may continue to store your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We take plausible steps to ensure that your personal information is true, complete, and up to date. However, you have the sole liability of ensuring that you review the correctness of information provided by you and contact us in case of discrepancies, or in case you wish to discontinue the use of our services. You have the following rights concerning your personal information:
- You have the right to access your personal information, and inquire about correction and deletion. If your information changes, you may correct, delete errors, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through [Our Contact us page]. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably possible. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date, or inadequate (or subsequently becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete), or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the data provided by you is wrong, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, we may, at our sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where we will not correct, delete or update your Personal Information, including (a) where the Personal Information is opinion data that is kept solely for an evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Information is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- You are free not to share any medical or other information that you consider confidential and withdraw consent for us to use data that you have already provided. If you refuse to share any information or withdraw consent to process information that you have previously given to us, we reserve the right to restrict or deny the provision of our services for which we consider such information to be necessary.
Third Party Websites and Services
Our Website and App may contain links to third party services, and give you the ability to access such third-party websites, products, and services. Please note that you may proceed to the use of such third party website or service at your own risk and the Company will not be held liable for any outcome or harm arising as a result of your use of such third party websites or services. Please read the privacy policies of any third party before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.